Horse riding is a popular activity in Cartagena where riders can experience the natural beauty of the nearby Calblanque Regional Park. Surrounding the city there are also several riding schools. These are predominantly Spanish run and offer a variety of facilities and activities. Depending on how much time you're spending in Cartagena you can book one or two individual or group riding lessons. At certain times of the year some riding schools offer hacks in the lovely surrounding countryside. One such horse riding hack is offered by several tour companies including Viator.
Riding The Calblanque Regional Park
With built in 4×4, horses can tackle the most rugged of terrain. The Calblanque Regional Park is a picturesque area of forest, hills and valleys that reach all the way down to the coast where there are numerous nature trails. These take in all sorts of rugged terrain and are perfect to negotiate on horseback. Then you have the long stretches of sandy beach to give the horses their head.
Horse Riding Beach Tour
Through Viator, visitors can arrange several horse riding tours. Calblanque Regional Park is a protected area so certain conditions need to be met before riding some of the nature trails. This includes riding on the beach. When arranging your tour be certain to enquire, especially if you want to ride on the beach which is an earlier start to ensure the beach is not crowded. Riding tours away from the beach but still within the park boundaries usually start at 10:30.
Horse Riding Tour Itinerary
- Transfer from the city centre pick up point or at your ship if you are part of a cruise.
- Transfer time to and from the riding centre is approximately 25 minutes each way.
- A brief riding instruction before kitting up (all riding equipment except footwear included).
- 1 hour horse riding tour through the beautiful park accompanied by an instructor.
- Different riding trails are available depending on riders experience.
- Snacks and drinks upon arrival back at the riding centre.
- Return transfer to Cartagena city centre/port.